Saturday, January 30, 2010

I'm baaaaack.

While in the terminal in Madrid, I met three other people coming to AUI. Quality conversations were had. The stupid Ryanair plane was an interesting experience, to put it nicely. I hope not to fly with them again, but that will depend on what I do for spring break, I guess. Once we landed at the Fes "Airport" we had to wait an hour for another new student to come, then headed up Mount Doom. Longest ride of my life, I swear.

Once at AUI we got dinner, parted ways, unpacked, etc. I slept til 1pm. And spent the day studying Arabic. Got about two hours of sleep and went to go take the Arabic placement test. With success, might I add. I skipped Beginner II and am currently in Intermediate I. If I'd been more on the ball and started studying earlier in the break, I probably could have made it to Intermediate II, but oh well. All of the new international students were in orientation all day, so I spent the rest of the weekend doing pretty much nothing, to the point where I almost wished classes had already started so I'd have something to do. Who does that??

No comments:

Post a Comment