Saturday, February 6, 2010

Ew. School.




This is my campus. This is what I walked to class in on the first day of school. It SNOWED. In AFRICA. Huzzah. The weather was nice for one or two days of orientation, and has been cold since. For most of the first week it snowed and/or rained off and on. The snow hasn't really stuck though, which is sad. It's been cold but not so bad since.

Classes so far don't seem so bad. My colloquial Arabic (aka Darija) started this past Tuesday, the week after classes started. Scheduling fail for the win. I'm not really a fan of having another 8am MWF, but the professor is funny so it makes up for it a little bit. I skipped a semester of Arabic and am taking Intermediate I now. It's not so bad, but I have more studying to do to catch up. My other classes are just kinda meh. Interesting in theory but so far not what I was expecting. But considering we've only had 2 weeks so far, there's time to improve. They didn't waste any time in assigning homework though. Have I mentioned I hate reading?

To procrastinate on this reading, I've been watching TV. =P I've become oddly obsessed with Glee and rewatched the 13 episodes at least twice each, some more than that. I've also been catching up on NCIS and The Big Bang Theory, and I've been watching The Mentalist in French. I couldn't find it in English, and I've not been doing anything to keep up my French so hay. Killed two birds with one stone and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment